Apr 20, 2011

In a Quandary Over the Letter Q

I knew the letter Q was going to be tough to write about on four separate blogs, but fortunately, ideas for two of them came very quickly to me.  Contemplating what to post on a writing blog for Q-day of the A-Z Blogging Challenge, however,  left me in a quandary.

I could write about query letters if I knew much about them, but I don't.  I've never submitted one and any information I had to offer would be quested from other sources and I don't like writing something that I have no personal knowledge of whatsoever.  So I'm still in a quandary.

I took more than my usual breaks today, trying to clear my head.  Back and forth to the chicken coop to make sure my chicks didn't drown with all the rain we've had meant struggling through the boot-sucking quagmire that is my back yard right now.  No quality time with the peeps today, as it was too damp and raw to stay out for long.  My laying hens had no qualms about squawking each time I appeared, displeased that I wasn't tossing their scratch in sufficient quantity to quench their craving.

Rather than quibble further about it, and not being a quitter, I just sat down and decided to write what was in my head at the moment, regardless of how quirky.

The result is this post full of nonsensical quips.

I am no longer in a quandary over the letter Q.



p.s. In all seriousness, sometimes just starting to write about anything or nothing is enough to get the words flowing from your fingertips.  Give it a try the next time you find yourself in a quandary for what to write about.

I'm taking the A-Z Blogging Challenge, where I will post something from each letter of the alphabet on the corresponding day in April, except for Sunday, on (hopefully) all four of my blogs. You can see my other blogs in the sidebar - More of Marie Anne.

7 comments:

  1. Quality quirkiness!

    My A-Z Blogging “Q” post is right here: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/04/quest-for-quiet-quickie.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Q list. I love the way you set it up. Have a great week. :-) Thanks for the visit and comment over at my house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment so I could find you. You have a wonderful blog and I look forward to following you. BTW: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY! You are a brave, courageous and inspirational woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one trying to figure out what to write about. LOL awesome job on coming up with not one but four!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post filled with lovely Q words.
    Great meeting you through the A-Z!
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete