Apr 30, 2011

I Need a Zacation

Day is done, gone the sun.

Taps - a most beautiful, yet extremely melancholy melody.  It's what I hear in my mind today as we bring the A-Z Blogging Challenge to a close.

With four blogs entered in the challenge, it's been quite a ride, but I persevered.  There were a few times when I almost threw in the towel, but since almost 100 of my peers rose to the challenge when I initially threw down the gauntlet, I couldn't disappoint them (or myself) by not following through.  We did it.  This is my final post on my fourth blog today for Z-day.

While thinking of what I might post for this grand finale, the word zacation popped into my head. After keeping up with the four blogs, I need a zacation.  Thinking it might already be a word in an urban dictionary somewhere, I first grabbed my trusty tome, Webster's New World Dictionary, circa 1970.

Of course zacation wasn't within its pages, but I did a double-take when I saw an entry for zacaton, which is a tough, wiry grass found in the southwest U.S. and Mexico.  After completing the blogging challenge during this month of non-stop rain in Ohio, I would love to take a zacation in such a place.

Unfortunately, my zacation will be short-lived as I'm coordinating a small challenge suggested by a fellow writer - Z to A in May.  I'm entering with my local blog only for the May challenge, but will be updating things on this, my writing blog, to cheer everyone on and post updates as needed.

Feel free to join us after your own one-day zacation by clicking the link in my signature or the sidebar.

To those who completed the A-Z Blogging Challenge or put in a good effort, I'll end with a  Bravo Zulu ...



Click here to join in on the new Z to A in May Blogging Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Bravo and brava, as the case may be. We made it! Thanks again for cluing us in on the challenge, Marie Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard of the llanos of South America and the Sonoran desert, but zacaton was a new one for me. I'll be checking that out. Enjoy your days off, Marie Anne. I think we're gonna need them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo want to participate in the Z to A but I think I'll sit this one out. I'm not going to stop sharing, though. And I'll help promote your Z to A because it's FAB :) And I've got the list too :)

    Thanks for putting the word out there about the A to Z, MA...this was my first month with this new blog and it was AMAZING :) All the new friends and great reads...YAY :)

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! We all made it. What fun it was. :) Going to sit out the Z-A challenge and get back to my regular daily posts. Best wishes to those of you continuing on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When to start the Z to A has confused me. Today is May 1st, the day it's suppose to begin, but then it's Sunday. so I wrote my post for today anyway...seemed odd to start off right away with skipping a day. This is where the links take you, should I change them to your other blog? Which one is hosting the list/linky of those in the challenge?

    zacation...does that mean we can make up words? lol Anyway, happy May Day to you.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Marie Anne. It feels good to finish, but I don't know how you managed it with so many blogs to take care of.

    ReplyDelete