Jun 12, 2011

Writing Goal - My Personal Challenge

I've been in a serious writing slump lately.  Between personal issues and the stifling heat (in a home without air conditioning), I've just not been able to get it together.  That stops here.  Time to set a goal for myself with a writing challenge.


I was able to get a few articles written last week and while not nearly where I should be, it still left me with a feeling of accomplishment to get anything done at all.  I'm going to capitalize on this new-found motivation and push myself to continue that momentum into this week.

In between needy dogs, flower beds in dire need of attention and tending to the 15 chickens that think the grass seed I just planted in bare spots is a real treat, my goal is to write a minimum of five articles this week and shoot for $60 in earnings.

There it is, in writing.  That may be peanuts to many of you who can do more than that in a day, but while certainly not impossible, it's a good enough challenge for me.  The task may not be so difficult if the assignments come in like I hope, but it may be more challenging if the beat assignments at YCN are still not cooperating.  I lost out on a few articles last week because the system is shaky, and it's my hope that it's straightened out and doesn't cause me more grief this week.

$60 and/or five articles.   I'm flying home to NH next month and want to pay for the entire trip with what I earn at YCN.  I can do this.





11 comments:

  1. A great goal, Marie Anne. Looking forward to reading more and watching the success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great goal indeed! Do tell where will you sell the articles? It sounds like a challenge for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goal, Marie Anne. I know you can do it :)

    I've given you an award on my blog today :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, MA. I know you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Marie Ann. Your challenge sounds like plenty to me too! With my huge yard, animals and aching shoulder, sometimes I have the "want to" just lack the motivation or time. You can do this! I may even challenge myself this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck Marie Anne. If anyone can do it, you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff...hope it all works out! NH? A fellow New Englander...hmmm? I'll be home in the great Commonwealth next month as well. May the Mayflower forever sail and the evil ones burn at the stake! lol...seriously good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goal, Marie Anne! I know you will do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic!! Best of luck--you'll do quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck Marie Anne. It's hard to earn enough sometimes. My YCN income last month was down to under $20. I am just getting pitiful page views these days.

    Better luck with the blogs hopefully. If done right that could be where the money is.

    ReplyDelete